As a rapidly growing business, we are continually looking to recruit and develop new talent at all levels
The basis of our business quite simply starts and ends with ensuring we hire the very best people. We strive to make every experience of contact with Aktrion Transport outstanding. This means putting both you and our customers at the forefront of everything we do.
As part of our expanding operations, we are continually recruiting for new roles across a range of skills and professions. See below for our current vacancies to which you can apply.
Fire Design Engineer
- Ability to work alone and in teams
- Will need to be able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders from internal clients and sponsors to regulators and therefore presentation skills and command of the English language will be essential.
- Technically you must be able to produce fire strategies which comply with the Building Reg.s, BS9999
- Knowledge of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Critical standard (regarding 5) is S1088 and the ability to produce associated Work Impact Fire Risk Assessments.
- Undertake design calculations
- Witness systems testing & commissioning
- Prepare project reports
- Prepare project presentations for the client
- Resolve any technical issues
- Communication with clients
- Undertake site surveys and data collection
- University degree in fire engineering or other engineering discipline
- Minimum 5-year experience as a fire engineer
- Airport Experience would be beneficial but not necessary
- Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers and Chartered (or working towards it)
- Working knowledge of NFPA codes
- Working knowledge of hydraulic calculation software
- Good verbal and written skill (English language)
- Working schedule flexibility
- To provide strategic project planning advice and guidance to the Sales team and wider business functions as part of our aim to maximise sales growth at appropriate margins.
- To provide a professional Project Planning service to the business and Project Managers specifically to facilitate the successful delivery of projects through the application of world class project management disciplines and controls.
- To enable “Project and business Performance Reporting” by Area/Project in line with business target KPI’s.
- Develop the Project Planning capability through strong leadership of the Project Planning function.
- Develop and deliver a Project Planning and Controls strategy which takes account of the forward business plan and market trends
- Produce full scale project plans for all projects ensuring appropriate controls and quality are incorporated.
- Provide a strategic Planning service to the business advising on overall capacity and other resource requirements
- Facilitate the definition of planning scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements, specify project resource allocation as necessary
- Review best practice and incorporate lessons learnt to support delivery of project target margin and potential upside opportunities
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools and controls
- Custodian of the Project Planning system; maintain data integrity and ensure procedures and processes are fully adopted and adapted as necessary
- Quality assurance and Risk management within the Projects function
- Constantly monitor and report on progress to all stakeholders (Internal and External)
- Implement planning changes and interventions to achieve project outputs and improve margin
- Degree qualified in engineering or a relevant discipline
- Proven leader of people in a results driven market
- Experience in managing commercial aspects of large engineering projects
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project planning (Prince 2 or APM certified)
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques (Primavera/MS Project)
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, change management, Risk management & techniques
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Commercial awareness, Contract management
- Planning and organising, Decision making
- Excellent Communication skills, Influencing and leading
- Delegation, Team work, Develop full scale project plans
- Negotiation, Conflict management, Adaptability, Stress tolerance
We are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer for a prestigious rail client based in Milton Keynes, this is a permanent position.
Description: To ensure that the electrical engineering aspects of rolling stock projects are successfully specified, validated and delivered
- Generate technical requirement specifications and review supplier proposals for the integration of new systems.
- Undertake detailed analysis of existing driving control, door control and auxiliary control circuits in order to provide solutions to reliability issues or to provide functional upgrades.
- Ensure the risk associated with the electrical changes to rolling stock are understood, documented and managed.
- Ensure compliance with existing legislation on electromagnetic compatibility.
- Produce reports to justify the cable dimensioning and protection
- Produce test procedures to enable the new circuits and systems to be functionally tested at the build and commissioning sites.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant standards including Railway Group Standards, British Standards, and, if necessary, RIA Standards.
- Manage the resolution of emerging technical issues arising out of the application of the changes.
- Ideally a Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Detailed knowledge of railway vehicle electrical systems and components.
- A working knowledge of Group Standards and associated supporting specifications I.e. BS / EN and RIA Specifications.
I started at Aktrion at the Telford office in March 2016 and was immediately welcomed into the office and the team at Technical Services. I began by recruiting Quality Engineers and Managers in the Automotive Industry before moving onto our newest division Aktrion Transport where I recruit in the Rail & Specialist Engineering Industries.
Aktrion has me develop new skills whilst building on my old ones, it’s very exciting to be involved in such a new and growing division.